The ten step korean skin care routine may sound long and complicated but it’s actually quite easy to do and doesn’t take that long to go through. Just follow these ten steps for beautiful and hydrated skin
- Cleansing – in the mornings you can use just water to wash your face and move on to the next step unless you have oilier skin then you can use a cleanser. At the end of the day you can double cleanse especially if you’ve been wearing makeup then you can use an oil cleanser following a normal cleanser.
- Exfoliate – Only use exfoliator 1-2 times a week. Exfoliating gets rid of dead skin cells and clean pores.
- Toner – after cleansing use a toner by patting it into your skin or use a cotton pad and swipe it all over the face and neck. A toner is important to use otherwise it can become dry and dehydrated. It also helps for better absorption of the next products you apply.
- Essence – Essence is lightweight and has a concentration of ingredients for hydration, anti-aging and more. Gently put some in your hand and pat it into the face and neck.
- Treatments Ampoule – These have powerful ingredients and targets specific skin concerns such as acne, dryness, fine lines and more.
- Treatments Serum – This is similar to ampoule it targets specific skin concerns.
- Sheet mask – Sheet masks is a Korean favorite beauty product. It’s a sheet placed on your face and it´s saturated with products that is perfect for every skin type and every skin type can benefit on it whether its for hydration, glow or anti-aging. It´s also very relaxing!
- Eye cream – The eye is very delicate; the skin is very thin and doesn’t produce oil like other parts of your face so its important to hydrate these areas. Gently pat the product in with your ring finger around your eyes.
- Moisturizer – they come in different consistencies such as cream, gel and lotion. Their purpose is to seal in moisture and smooth fine lines.
- Sunscreen – The last and most important step is sunscreen. Apply sunscreen every single day, it protects the skin from UV rays and also prevents premature aging.
It is called ten-step routine, but you can remove or add products to fit your skin and lifestyle.